Private SAT / ACT Tutor Weston, MA
Are you a student in Weston, MA who is eager to learn the skills needed to achieve a high SAT /ACT score? A private Livius Prep tutor can help you prepare for whatever testing challenges lay ahead.
Since 1984, Livius Prep has helped thousands of students improve their ACT, SAT, SAT Subject Test, and AP scores, as well as their skills in individual academic subjects. We are proud of the fact that at least 2,000 Livius Prep students have been accepted to Ivy League schools.
Our tutors have partnered with students as they’ve worked hard to bring up their math scores, write successful SAT and ACT essays, cram for their AP Exams, and improve their self-esteem and confidence.
A Livius Prep private tutor guarantees that you will get lessons customized to your individual learning style, score goals, study habits and schedule, and reap the benefits of on-the-spot feedback.
SAT/ACT Test Prep
Livius Prep students work with highly-trained tutors who are compassionate, skilled, and trained to improve students’ SAT and ACT scores through superior test preparation. These tutors are not only experts in their field, with a Master’s degree or higher, but also skilled at connecting with students, understanding their individual needs and learning styles, and providing a customized approach.
Our tutoring series and group classes offer multiple practice opportunities. We also offer an a la carte option for students who are not yet enrolled. Our academic directors can schedule your practice test in person or by phone.
Differences Between the SAT and ACT
Since the SAT test was completely redesigned in 2016, the SAT and ACT are more similar than ever before. They contain similar sections (Reading, Math, etc.), offer optional essays, and do not penalize you for incorrect answers. There are, however, several key differences between them.
- The ACT is shorter. The ACT lasts two hours and 55 minutes while the SAT lasts three hours and 45 minutes. However, the SAT allows more time per question on all sections of the exam.
- The ACT tests higher-level math. Both tests emphasize algebra, but the ACT tests higher-level math than the SAT, such as geometry, matrices, graphs of trig functions, and logarithms. If you struggle with geometry and trigonometry, you may prefer the SAT.
- The SAT has a no-calculator math section. You may use a calculator on all ACT math questions, but only on one of the two SAT math sections. If the idea of not using a calculator for math is intimidating, you may be more comfortable with the ACT.
- The SAT tests higher-level vocabulary. The ACT Reading section requires more reading but may be a better choice if you struggle with higher-level vocabulary. Overall, the SAT Reading section features more difficult reading passages and more vocabulary questions.
- The ACT tests more science. The ACT contains an entire section devoted to science. While the SAT does test science-based concepts, there is no separate section. If you are a science whiz, the ACT may be a better fit.
Consider a Livius Prep private SAT / ACT tutor in Weston, MA who can help you earn your highest scores. Call us at 800-428-TEST (800-428-8378) for more information.