Private SAT / ACT Tutor Watertown, MA
When you hire a private Livius Prep SAT / ACT tutor in Watertown, MA, you will be working with a seasoned professional who can customize each and every lesson to meet your academic needs.
Competition for college admission is stiff, and acceptance rates to some colleges, such as the Ivy Leagues schools, can be as low as 5%. Developing better test-taking skills and strategies can give you an edge over the competition and may even help you get into a college or university that would otherwise say no.
Livius Prep students work with highly-trained tutors who are compassionate, skilled, and trained to improve students’ SAT and ACT scores through superior test preparation. Unlike other tutors and companies that only offer online portals, we offer strategic methods for understanding and solving problems.
Why Choose Livius Prep for SAT / ACT Tutoring
- During our 30-plus years, we have helped thousands of students improve their SAT or ACT scores.
- More than 1,000 Livius Prep students have achieved perfect scores, and at least 2,000 have been accepted to Ivy League schools.
- Livius Prep carefully selects the most experienced tutors with master’s or doctorate degrees
- We provide each student with comprehensive one-on-one academic tutoring and also offer small group classes.
- Livius Prep students have improved their scores on the ACT by an average of 6 Points and on the SAT by an average of 182 points after a recommended 24 to 36 hours of tutoring.
- Our program features proprietary books, strategies and curriculum.
- Livius Prep’s current locations include Newton, Andover, Lexington and Wellesley, MA, and Syosset, NY.
Which Test Should You Take?
There are differences between the SAT and ACT that may influence your decision about which test is best suited to your skills. For example:
Sections: On the ACT, the sections are English, Math, Reading, and Science, and an optional Writing Test. On the SAT, the sections are Reading, Writing and Language, Math No Calculator, Math Calculator, and an optional Essay.
If you are confident in your Math skills and can work fast without a calculator, the SAT test may be the better choice. If stronger in English and History/Social Studies (the focus of many ACT Reading passages), you may prefer the ACT.
Number of Questions: There are 215 questions on the ACT and 154 on the SAT. In every section, the SAT allots more time for answering each question. Because the ACT is faster paced, students who struggle with time management or are easily overwhelmed by pressure may have better success with the SAT.
Test Length: Both tests are similar in length. The overall testing time for the ACT is 2 hours and 55 minutes, with an extra 40 minutes for the optional Writing section. The overall testing time for the SAT is 3 hours, with an additional 50 minutes for the optional Essay.
The best way to decide which test you prefer is to take the Livius Prep ACT Actual Condition Practice Test and SAT Actual Condition Practice Test. These are comprehensive and multifaceted practice exams that help students become completely prepared for whatever testing challenges lay ahead.
Improving your SAT / ACT test scores begins with a private Livius Prep tutor in Watertown, MA who can assess your strengths and weaknesses and focus on the areas that need it most. Call us at 800-428-TEST (800-428-8378) to explore our current offers and pricing.