Free SAT Test Practice
Looking for free SAT test practice? You’ve found it here with Livius Prep. We provide tools for every budget and every student to improve scores and open doors for the future!
Student-centered and research-driven tutoring from Livius Prep is informed by more than 37 years of experience providing academic assistance. Our highly qualified tutors, carefully selected curriculum, versatile programs, and expert methods guide students to success with academic tutoring, college counseling, and exam preparation for high school admission exams, the ACT, and the SAT.
The tutoring programs that we offer apply our own Livius 8+ Methodology for Score Improvement, using Mastering & Secrets of the SAT curriculum. Students who participate in our programs for SAT preparation enjoy a 225-point increase on their SAT exam scores.
Composition of the SAT Exam
The SAT exam has two major sections: Math and Evidence-Based Reading and Writing. In comparison to the ACT exam, the SAT evaluates logical thinking rather than focusing on a wider breadth of knowledge.
Elements Evaluated in the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Section (Reading – 65 minutes, 52 questions; Writing and Language – 35 minutes, 44 questions):
- Words in Context
- Interpret and Use Data from Various Sources
- Literature and Literary Nonfiction
- Understanding and Evaluating Evidence
Elements of the Math Section (No calculator – 25 minutes, 20 questions; Calculator allowed – 55 minutes, 38 questions):
- Problem Solving and Data Analysis (ratios, percentages, proportional reasoning)
- Heart of Algebra (linear equations and systems)
- Passport to Advanced Math (complex equations)
Scoring: The two sections are scored on a range from 200 to 800, with the sum of the sections creating the final score, which then ranges from 400-1600.
Choosing the SAT Exam
Determining whether you should take the SAT or ACT can be a tricky decision. Most higher learning institutions accept them interchangeably, so the choice really falls to you and should be made based upon your skills and natural abilities.
The ACT test is timed, has more difficult language and math questions, and has more questions. The SAT, on the other hand, includes more higher-level logic-based questioning. We at Livius Prep offer a Comparison Test for students to take at no charge. This test can be taken online, and the results will suggest which test will align with your abilities better and will identify nine areas for your targeted preparation efforts.
Another free program offered by Livius Prep is the Foundations Course. It consists of two sessions over the course of one week. At the end of the week, students can choose to follow through with a proctored exam for a $50 fee. The results of this exam will form the basis for future preparation, whether you continue with us or not.
Courses Available at Livius Prep
- Prep Fundamentals
- 12 weeks of unlimited access to a program for practice (online)
- The program becomes more rigorous as the performance improves.
- Instantaneous feedback and regular parental updates
- Best results with 30 minutes/day
- 12 Hours Online Private Tutoring – virtually based one-on-one tutoring that includes all online essentials access.
- 12 Hours In-Center Private Tutoring – students in the area can schedule in-person tutoring, on a one-on-one basis. Our centers are found in Wellesley, Lexington, and Newton, MA.
Find quality, free SAT test practice with Livius Prep. We provide a wide range of test prep services, both virtually and in-person, for students to develop test-taking skills and fill gaps in learning. Pose your queries or schedule a course today by calling (800) 428-8378 or following this link.